Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Author Interview #150: Marketing for She Experts by Pam Brossman


Marketing for She Experts - 8 Profitable Marketing Strategies for Women EntrepreneursOur interview is with Pam Brossman author of several books including Marketing for She Experts. Before we get to the interview a brief book description: If you want to lead in your industry then you want to be implementing the top marketing strategies that millionaires are using in their business right now to get results. Success leaves clues and I have included the clues and how to implement them within the pages of this book.

Interview with Pam Brossman

What was unique about the setting of the book and how did it enhance or take away from the story?
I wanted to be able to capture the successful strategies being used to catapult entrepreneurs from 6 figure businesses into highly leveraged million dollar entrepreneurs in a very short period of time.
I saw many marketing strategies being shared on Amazon, but I did not see a collection of strategies that were being used right now with today’s current technology and global opportunities. So I wanted to share with other entrepreneurs, successful marketing strategies being used by millionaires globally, that could be implemented right now to take entrepreneurs to the next level.
And that is how Marketing for She Experts was born.
What specific themes did the author emphasize throughout the novel? What do you think he or she is trying to get across to the reader?
The theme for this book is that Success leaves Clues! I wanted to share with the reader that they could fast track the results in their business by following the success of entrepreneurs who were implementing simple marketing strategies to get amazing results.
By sharing the who, what, why, where and how of each strategy the reader can easily understand why the strategy works, how easy it is to implement and which of the 8 strategies is perfect for their target market. Then follow the action steps to implement one or more into their business immediately to start seeing results.
Do the characters seem real and believable? Can you relate to their predicaments? To what extent do they remind you of yourself or someone you know?
This book is a non-fiction educational marketing tool that includes real people and real examples of how they are using technology to create high 6-7 figures in their business. So the book is based purely on factual information to demonstrate the strategies clearly for the reader.
They remind me of myself because I have studied and followed the leading marketers and their implementation strategies in order to write the book. The first chapter is actually based on my own digital self-publishing success strategy.

In what ways do the events in the book reveal evidence of the author’s world view?
Each event in this book is a case study of a strategy being used right now by a successful entrepreneur. It is a culmination of the results of my research in studying the marketing strategies being implemented by these entrepreneurs to get their highly leveraged and successful results in their business.
Because the case study are of entrepreneurs all around the world it is a great way to demonstrate that location and economic climate does not necessarily impact the end result.
Did certain parts of the book make you uncomfortable? If so, why did you feel that way? Did this lead to a new understanding or awareness of some aspect of your life you might not have thought about before?
Not at all. The more I wrote the book the more excited I got about sharing these marketing strategies with smart entrepreneurs eager to learn and take their business to a new level. Education is the key to success and the more you study successful people the faster you grow and reach your own desired outcomes.
So being able to share these successful marketing strategies it actually made me realise that by implementing them myself , what a huge impact they have had on my own life, results and aspirations.
Was there a basis for your story? A previous experience? Something else?
Yes there was. The first book I wrote was my legacy story called Your Millionaire Attitude and it was all about how I went from near bankruptcy to now living in a multi-million dollar home, running a very successful business while being completely debt free in less than 4 years. People kept on asking me how I turned my life around so quickly and how do I continue to grow in a global economic climate that is going backwards.
So I thought I would share with them the strategies and success clues that I had been following, learning, studying and implementing that helped me to not only grow but build a very successful global brand very, very quickly.
What research did you have to perform to back up your story? Any research which really opened your eyes or gave you new respect for a topic or profession?
I spent 6 months studying the best of the best who I had been watching grow their high 6 figure businesses into multi – million dollar businesses in very short periods of time. I watched, learnt and studied and documented their processes so that I could share their success stories and marketing strategies with other entrepreneurs to help them achieve similar results in their own business.
What I learnt over the 6 months was that leverage, joint ventures, social media and technology and how you combined them all, had a huge impact on your results. Plus positioning, packaging, and promotion.
I also learnt that every one of the strategies were very simple to implement with very little outlay or expense outside of preparation and time.
What is your method for writing a book? A certain amount of hours every day? A certain routine? Are you character/story builder or an outliner or some other method?
I actually teach this recipe to my Digital Authors Academy students. I teach them that they can become a self-published author in 8 weeks or less if they follow a simple formula. This is mainly for non-fiction writers but can easily be implemented for fiction writers once they understand their characters, book avatar and plot.
Basically I teach them the following:
  • Set a deadline for your book and stick to it
  • Create a purpose for your book eg is it your legacy story to leave your digital footprint on the world, is it to position your knowledge and expertise or is it a motivational or novel for entertainment. What is the outcome for your book?
  • Write down the top 10 things that need to be covered on that topic [chapters]
  • Put them in order of importance from 1-10 [if it is a a-b book or step by step put it in order of sequence or how the journey flows]
  • Put the last 3 chapters to the side as fillers but focus on getting the first 7 chapters written
  • Under each of the 7 chapters write the 3-5 things that will engage, get them from a-b or move the needle for the reader in that chapter
  • Write down any ‘add-ons’ that will really engage or enhance the book eg pictures, lists, action plans, case studies, maps, illustrations, quotes etc
  • Once you have your framework, create a timeline of how many chapters you need to write per week to meet your deadline.
  • Edit and publish your book.
How do you get past writers block or distractions like the internet?
It is funny, once I set a deadline I cannot stop. I have found using my recipe for writing makes writing a book so easy. Kind of like baking a cake and adding the icing and the candles at the end to give it the WOW factor for your readers. So my first book I wrote in 8 days and my second book [after my market research] I wrote in 10 days. So I don’t really suffer from writers block personally.
I am now in the process of writing my first children’s book which I am very excited about and I am also helping my 8 year old son write his first Amazon children’s book which is very exciting too.
11. Favorite book from childhood.
Charlotte’s Web although it made me cry it was a beautiful story.
12. What’s on your desk? Can you see your desk? Describe what you see when you look around.
Okay my desk is very messy. I love working in mess. I have a money tree on my desk a plastic million dollar note on my computer, bills that need paying, a sock that my son left on my desk [not very pleasant], my left over lunch, notebook calculator and few other things not really worthy of a mention. So yes very messy thanks for reminding me I need to give it a clean.
Share this:
Marketing for SheExperts –
Your Millionaire Attitude
http://www.sheexperts.com
http://www.facebook.com/pambrossman
http://www.twitter.com/pambrossman
au.linkedin.com/in/pambrossman
http://sheexperts.com/sheblog/

No comments:

Post a Comment