Friday, January 18, 2013

Kilt-worthy?


Charming the Chieftain (Crimson Romance)Our guest blogger is Deanie Roman author of Charming the Chieftain.

Kilt-worthy?

Legend has it the Druids created a magical dust that was stolen by a pack of faeries. Known for their mischief, they wasted no time and blanketed the length and breadth of Scotland with the powder. Not long after the Great Sprinkling, the lust-dust rendered the men of Scotland irresistible to women of all ages and cultures.
Sound implausible? Sure, it does, although no more mind-boggling than a woman who drools to the point of dehydration over her favorite Scottish guy clad in a kilt. Let’s face it, in this country pleats and plaids have long been relegated to our grandmother’s Christmas attire. Correct me if I’m wrong, but no one’s having hot flashes (not even grandpa) over that staid image, are they? So what is it about a man, and not just any man, but a Scotsman in a kilt? Is it the sight of well-muscled calves below the hem line that seem so provocative? Their nonchalant attitude about going commando or, perhaps the size of their bare dangly bits underneath said kilt that gets the juices going? Take a moment to ponder, I have the time.
Now, I would like to think all men are kilt-worthy; however, I do believe that donning a kilt, and the casual acceptance of it as a matter of course, is most likely preset into a Scotsman’s DNA—and maybe this is where the real turn-on factor comes into play. When a guy is completely secure in his manhood and cultural traditions what red-blooded female could resist such sexy self-confidence? Not me!
I suppose there are a few of you out there who might argue and say any man could pull off a kilt. Well, no freakin’ way, and here’s why. Now, close your eyes and picture Gerard Butler, Ewan Macgregor, Kevin McKidd, or your favorite Scotsman naked, er, I mean in a kilt. Is that man finger lickin’ good, or what? Okay, everyone breathe. Now, once again, I ask you to close your eyes and imagine Christopher Walken, Vincent Schiavelli, or maybe Willem DaFoe wrapping their lower halves into a kilt…Umm, yeah. All I’ll say is would someone fetch me the bleach? I need to disinfect my eyeballs.
Point made? Yeah, I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment