Saturday, January 14, 2012

Amazon New Tool For Sending Files To Your Kindle

Saw the press release today that Amazon has a new, free tool for sending files to your Kinde. The Windows application supports sending of Word documents, text files, pictures, PDFs, and other types of files including the Kindle’s Mobi e-book format (it does not say Excel files, but I was able to do it). A user can even use their Kindle as a way to backup documents. If they are needed you can download them back to your computer.

You can also send web articles to your Kindle (you could do this previously) which is now incredibly easy. Just select the print option and choose “send to Kindle”. If you own more than one Kindle it will ask which Kindle you want to send it to. All you have to do is turn on your WiFi option on your Kindle and it downloads quickly.

In just a few minutes of time I downloaded…
  • A dozen pictures of my kids – of course in black and white.
  • A couple of Word documents that I consistently need to reference for work.
  • A research paper from my son.
  • An Excel spreadsheet with some other work info.
  • My list of addresses that my husband and I keep on our computer.
All in all, a pretty simple and useful tool to add further functionality to my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment