Sunday, November 11, 2012

Yes Virginia, There Is Such A Thing As Fate

And The Winner Is...A guest blog post from Erin Brady (visit her blog) the author of And The Winner is…

Yes Virginia, There Is Such A Thing As Fate

Have you ever had the distinct feeling that some things in your life happen for a reason? That the stars align and, through purposeful destiny, a series of accidents snowball into a life-changing event? You can’t explain it. You don’t even know how it happened and if you tried to will it to happen again, it wouldn’t be the same.
The only way to understand it is to simply call it “fate”. Now I know how that the term gets thrown around a lot lately; calling fate everything from finding a twenty dollar bill in your pocket after forgetting your purse, through having a taxi stop right in front of you when you are about to be late for work, to your favorite sports team winning a monumental championship. But when it comes to love, I am a strong believer that fate does exist. Call me an hopeless romantic, but I believe it as strongly as I breathe! It is that unexplainable feeling you get when you lock eyes with someone and the strange sensation of butterflies in your stomach when you speak to him for the first time. It may be that you meet in an unlikely place like the grocery store or the laundromat, when you are least expecting it and when you’re dressed in your sweats, hair in a ponytail with no makeup on. It may be at a work function, the one you seriously contemplated blowing off to spend an evening snuggled under a blanket on your living room sofa, watching an old classic movie. Then, because of a change of heart or guilt bestowed upon you by your co-worker, you throw something on, drag yourself out and by the end of the evening, you are so glad you did because it is there and then that you met the most wonderful person, the one who walks you home and calls you the next day just to talk; perhaps the beginning of something lasting. Fate.
Fate is a romantic notion and some people dismiss it as something as mythical as a unicorn. But I happen to find unicorns beautiful and I believe in them, just like I still believe in dreams come true and gold waiting at the end of a rainbow; anything for that matter that makes me happy and hopeful. I’ve learned that not everything in my life is under my own control. I am not always the driver of my own destiny. Sometimes, you need to let go of the reins of your life and let yourself travel the unknown but hopeful journey that fate puts you on. Sometimes, you have to believe in unicorns and pots of gold at the end of the rainbow. Who knows-maybe you’ll find that when you reach out for them, the love of your life might just very well be waiting there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment