Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Harry Potter Books: A Theatrical Parody Opens in New York

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)Our family loves plays. We love movies. We read and enjoy books. My wife read aloud every Harry Potter book to our to children when they were younger. I have to be honest here. I was unable to finish book #2 of the series. We all went to the first Harry Potter movie. However they left me at home for all of the rest because I couldn’t stay awake during the movie.

Our family notices that the Harry Potter Parody is opening in New York at the Little Shubert theatre and the first question is when is it going to tour around the U.S. so we can go to it.

The question I have to ask myself is — if I didn’t like the books would I like a parody of the movie? I love humor and “dumb” movies which I have to usually drag my wife with me to see because you can’t stand them. Would I make a fool of myself by attending if I don’t get the jokes because I didn’t read the books are see the movies?
Only time will tell if and when it actually tours around the U.S. Hopefully one of the local high school theatre departments will put on the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment