Monday, April 23, 2012

Making a Purse from an Old Book

Our Top 100 Best Free Kindle Books List that we update daily is hosted on Squidoo.com. Squidoo is the host for over 2.4 million pages of user generated content. We found this interesting page for the person who loves books and crafts. The creator provides ideas, links to supplies, and a neat video on how to actually make a purse from a book. We hope you enjoy this how-to page by BevsPaper.
Let me tell you how to make a purse out of old books. This new use for old unwanted books really fascinates me. When I first read something about a woman who was selling them…I cringed. Being a collector and seller of old books, my first thought was that they were maiming and dismantling wonderful old books. Precious books that could be read by someone.
Now that I’ve researched this craft idea, I am feeling better. I am thinking of books that I chose not to purchase because they were in pretty nasty condition. Soiled pages, pages severely marked on with crayons, and generally not in any condition for even a good reading copy. If the covers were decent, they could have been given new life as a purse.
What a wonderful gift idea for that avid book reading friend of yours.
A librarian would probably love to carry her personals around in a book purse. Booksellers like me, would feel “too cool for school” with a book purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment