Friday, August 17, 2012

Are We Leaving 10 Million Customers Behind?

Red is an Attitude (Red Mojo Mama)A blog post from In The Writing Grove by Kathy Lynn Hall author of Red is an Attitude.

Are We Leaving 10 Million Customers Behind?

So, today I read in the AARP magazine (yes, I’m old enough to get it) that 28% of those 67 and older use e-readers. I immediately headed for the 2010 census and guess what? There are 40.4 million people in the US over the age of 65. That means we Indie authors who publish digital copies of our books have a built-in audience of somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 million readers.
Wow! That’s a great audience to market to and yet, I can’t remember seeing any books advertised lately specifically for the older crowd. Can you? I have a work in progress right now that is a love story/mystery with two seniors as the main characters. Maybe I’m on to something! Besides, the fact that I love this story, that is.
So, this isn’t a big long post, but just a short and simple question: Are we missing an opportunity here?

No comments:

Post a Comment